I have been playing with the idea of using Flickr for my images/photos. I am tiring of gallery, and the idea of migrating it, and constantly updating and upgrading it, integrating it with this blog etc are making me think more about Flickr. I also love Flickr’s tags, and the idea that my photos might actually be used by someone else , for something creative. A visit to India is very much on the tables this summer, after three long years, and I plan on taking lots of photos, at least some of which might end up being useful to Wikipedians, nostalgic Indians, Indophiles, and bored bloggers.
However, I have a few questions for those of who that use Flickr already:
- How do you export all your photos in one swell sweep, in case one needs to make a backup, or download a bunch of one’s photos?
- Since all the CC licenses at Flickr are
“attribution” licenses, how would I use a non-attribution licence at Flickr, say, even a “public domain” license or something similar?
- Do I have to use the same license for all my Flickr pics?
- Can I set the photos to be visible to different groups of individuals, and can I keep some photos private, including their full-size version?
- Is a Pro account worth it, in your opinion? If it is, then I will get one, else not
I look forward to your suggestions. The pro account is not inordinately expensive, but for me, right now, every buck counts.