I found this link to Graduate Student Jokes
It turns out that I am a graduate student…I was surprised to find these in the lists there…
From Top Five Lies Told by Teaching Fellows :
1. My other section is much better prepared than you guys.
From You just might be a grad student if…
…everything reminds you of something in your discipline.
…you look forward to summers because you’re more productive without the distraction of classes.
…you find the bibliographies of books more interesting than the actual text.
…you have given up trying to keep your books organized and are now just trying to keep them all in the same general area.
…you have accepted guilt as an inherent feature of relaxation.
….you start refering to stories like “Snow White et al.”
….you frequently wonder how long you can live on pasta without getting scurvy.
….you look forward to taking some time off to do laundry.
I wondered whats so abnormal about the above things…
I am also guilty of these lies that the page lists…
5. I turned down a lot of great job offers to come here.
3. The department is giving me so much support.
2. My job prospects look really good.
1. No really, I’ll be out of here in only two more years.